5 Steps For Overcoming Addictions
1. Take A Pledge Of Positive Determination – Promise yourself every morning and night that you will overcome every addiction in your life, based on a deep realization that any addiction is an obstacle in your freedom and weakens you spiritually by depleting you of attainments like contentment, power and permanent peace and bliss.
2. Inject Your Mind With Positive Thoughts – As you wake up in the morning, give yourself a dose of positive spiritual wisdom. Read or listen something beautiful, positive and powerful. The more your mind and heart will be fulfilled and satisfied, the more you will feel withdrawn from the negative habit.
3. Develop A Good Hobby To Keep Yourself Busy – For giving up any addiction, keep your mind occupied in a positive and constructive way for a few minutes everyday. The more you experience love and taste for a hobby or positive habit, the more the negative habit will seem distasteful and you will not like it anymore.
4. Meditate Every Day For A Few Minutes – Experience your spiritual self and your original spiritual qualities of peace, love, joy and power and connect with the Supreme Being or God, who is the Ocean of these qualities, for a few minutes everyday in meditation. Meditation will increase your self-esteem and confidence.
5. Meet People And Make Beautiful Relationships – To overcome any cravings towards addictions, meet many positive minded people, and share positivity and goodness with them. This will make you positive and fill you with a feeling of well-being and as you connect with them and become busy, addictions will become unimportant.